Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register to join in. Resend Activation Email  |  Forgotten Password?
 


Reply
 
 
Selina13
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,466


Jul 18th, 2017, 20:54 PM   #76
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenb View Post
Hey hairy ladies haha!! The joys of pregnancy hey! So I'm a teacher and had transition yesterday - one of the mum's pretty much had a go at me saying the timing of my pregnancy was awful for her daughter and that she will be speaking to the head about this situation?! I was gobsmacked!! I just said unfortunately it's not always possible to time these things perfectly (I actually did try to!!) so rude!
Bloody hell what a horrible person to say that!!! It is bloody rude and I hope the head pulls her down a peg or two! I think parents expect teachers not to have any kind of life! X
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
kathryn85
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 114


Jul 18th, 2017, 23:19 PM   #77
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery26 View Post
Kathryn what's your due date so I can add you to the list on page one
My due date is now January 22nd! Was put forward by 5 days, much to my surprise!
 
 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
louisa2008sash
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 70


Jul 19th, 2017, 05:49 AM   #78
 
So me being me, I am too impatient to wait a month for my 20 week scan so I have booked a gender scan at babybond in my local mothercare for tomorrow. I'll be bang on 16 weeks. So excited and also so nervous
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Mystery26
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 586


Jul 19th, 2017, 06:32 AM   #79
 
Lol good luck Louisa
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Hoping for no2
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 957


Jul 19th, 2017, 06:42 AM   #80
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenb View Post
Hey hairy ladies haha!! The joys of pregnancy hey! So I'm a teacher and had transition yesterday - one of the mum's pretty much had a go at me saying the timing of my pregnancy was awful for her daughter and that she will be speaking to the head about this situation?! I was gobsmacked!! I just said unfortunately it's not always possible to time these things perfectly (I actually did try to!!) so rude!
You should have told her you are within your rights to have a baby, at any time, just like every other woman out there! Being a teacher dosen't make any difference! I hope your head will put her in her place, outrageous!

Good luck for gender scan today! Exciting!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Karenb
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 956


Jul 19th, 2017, 07:07 AM   #81
 
Yes my head knows this parent well due to siblings, she had the cheek to request he doesn't employ a man as my replacement! Hope he does now!

Good luck with gender scan!!!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Sugar10
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,471


Jul 19th, 2017, 07:33 AM   #82
 
Ohh Karen! I'm a teaching assistant in a special needs school, I understand! How cheeky of that parent! Disgraceful. I haven't told them I'm pregnant yet!. I finish on Thursday for the holidays so I've got today or tomorrow to tell them.. it does worry me about their reaction , as I'm pregnant 'again!' , but there isn't much they can do. I'm sure they'll be fine anyway. on the countdown!

Good luck at gender scan. I'm so torn with staying team yellow! Xx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
elsa16
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 222


Jul 19th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #83
 
Hi ladies, I'm 12+1 so thought I may as well join this thread now. Think I'm probably the last because my due date isn't until 30 January!!

Hope you are all feeling good today xxxx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Selina13
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 1,466


Jul 19th, 2017, 08:24 AM   #84
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisa2008sash View Post
So me being me, I am too impatient to wait a month for my 20 week scan so I have booked a gender scan at babybond in my local mothercare for tomorrow. I'll be bang on 16 weeks. So excited and also so nervous
Oooooh exciting! There will be 2 of us with colour! I think Im the first to know that Im having a boy here! Good luck hope baby is in a decent position x
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Karenb
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 956


Jul 19th, 2017, 20:55 PM   #85
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar10 View Post
Ohh Karen! I'm a teaching assistant in a special needs school, I understand! How cheeky of that parent! Disgraceful. I haven't told them I'm pregnant yet!. I finish on Thursday for the holidays so I've got today or tomorrow to tell them.. it does worry me about their reaction , as I'm pregnant 'again!' , but there isn't much they can do. I'm sure they'll be fine anyway. on the countdown!

Good luck at gender scan. I'm so torn with staying team yellow! Xx
I did feel guilty as I feel I've only been back five mins!! My daughter is two so been back a while but you know how fast a school year flies by!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Sugar10
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,471


Jul 19th, 2017, 21:59 PM   #86
 
I know Karen! Harley is 2 in August, and I've had 3 pregnancies while teaching there but not all close together and I've been there over 10 years so I don't think it's a massive issue. And it's up to us anyway really I only went back to work June last year and now I'm having to tell them - I MUST do it tomorrow!! Last day! Nervous! But then I've got to face my mother! Arghhhh! Wish I could just be excited knowing everyone else would be
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
louisa2008sash
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 70


Jul 19th, 2017, 22:18 PM   #87
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selina13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisa2008sash View Post
So me being me, I am too impatient to wait a month for my 20 week scan so I have booked a gender scan at babybond in my local mothercare for tomorrow. I'll be bang on 16 weeks. So excited and also so nervous
Oooooh exciting! There will be 2 of us with colour! I think Im the first to know that Im having a boy here! Good luck hope baby is in a decent position x
Oh wow - congratulations on finding out you are expecting a boy. I've convinced myself mine will be a boy too just because of when it was conceived and how the 12 week scan looked. I would be happy with either though as have 2 girls and 1 boy at the moment. I found the girls easier babies but they've become more hard the older they have got, where as my boy was a hard baby, but has gotten easier as he has gotten older. So exciting
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Mystery26
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 586


Jul 20th, 2017, 02:29 AM   #88
 
Can't wait to see what I'm having lol will be getting a private gender scan around 17 weeks I think
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Mystery26
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 586


Jul 20th, 2017, 02:30 AM   #89
 
Welcome Elsa I'll add you too the list
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
louisa2008sash
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 70


Jul 20th, 2017, 06:15 AM   #90
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery26 View Post
Can't wait to see what I'm having lol will be getting a private gender scan around 17 weeks I think
I was suprised to see that a lot of the mothercare stores now have baby bond scan clinics in them. I got a special off for a 16 week gender scan being only 39 instead of 59 and I get a few black and white photos and a 4d image too. Things have changed so much in 7 years - I'm sure I paid about 80 for my sons gender scan
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
Reply

2018, dance, january, mummy, thread

Thread Tools


Related Threads
Thread Forum
** Due in February 2018 ** First Trimester
**January 2018 Mummies, New year Babies** First Trimester
Any other March 2018 Mummies :) First Trimester
Symptoms for ladies due Feb 2018 First Trimester
Any February 2018 mummies? First Trimester
Ivf 2018 Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues
Dance Dance baby......... ya never know! Third Trimester
****Team January**** Half price BFP's in our January sale :P Trying to Conceive