Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register to join in. Resend Activation Email  |  Forgotten Password?
 


Reply
 
 
CLL94
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 42


Aug 26th, 2017, 11:03 AM   #361
 
On this forum it's from 27 weeks I think but I never know the official weeks as everywhere says different!! X
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
imo
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23


Aug 26th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #362
 
I'll try and join the Facebook group too! Couldn't find Emma though!! Xxx
 
 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
imo
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23


Aug 29th, 2017, 08:40 AM   #363
 
Is it ok if I add you Emma?
 
 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Skyeway
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 94


Sep 1st, 2017, 11:02 AM   #364
 
Well it looks like everyone has moved over to facebook, but i just wanted to post an update here. So we had the second scan to check babies heart, and its completely fine! We were very happy, but of course the effort of getting out to go to the scan had me vomiting non stop from the moment we left the house until we returned, and while my SO fumbled with the keys to get into our apartment I almost collapsed from exhaustion. Then we had a meeting with the specialist on Tuesday to talk about my HG. They were running 40 minutes late and we had arrived 20 minutes before my appointment. It turned out to be 2 hour wait. The waiting room at the hospital was packed and I was in a wheelchair so awkwardly just in the corridor... vomiting every 2-3 minutes and knowing i was putting everyone else off. I was so embarrassed i started cryjng and my SO asked a nurse if there was somewhere private for us to wait, so we got put into a room and i could vomit to my hearts content. By the time my appointment came around I had vomited everything out, i was so dry, even bile was all gone, so i was just retching. The specialist told me she wants to try steroids, but i was hesitant as I dont want to experience the nausea and vomiting that can come from withdrawal and they only put you on for a 2 week course. So she agreed that I would go on with the meds i am on for 3 weeks longer and if its still the same i will then go on steroids. By time we got home we had been out for 3 hours and had thought we would be back in time for my afternoon medicine so i was late taking it, and just spent the rest of the evening projectile vomiting once i had eaten and drank something again. Then yesterday I still wasn't settled so spent most of the day just looking at the inside of my bucket. So I've had 3 days where I haven't really coped, but will have a few quiet days to recover now. How is everyone else now? We have started thinking about buying things for when the baby comes, but it's really hard not being able to see anything in the shop so I'm not sure what I want.
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
GF91
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,043


Sep 1st, 2017, 20:16 PM   #365
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyeway View Post
Well it looks like everyone has moved over to facebook, but i just wanted to post an update here. So we had the second scan to check babies heart, and its completely fine! We were very happy, but of course the effort of getting out to go to the scan had me vomiting non stop from the moment we left the house until we returned, and while my SO fumbled with the keys to get into our apartment I almost collapsed from exhaustion. Then we had a meeting with the specialist on Tuesday to talk about my HG. They were running 40 minutes late and we had arrived 20 minutes before my appointment. It turned out to be 2 hour wait. The waiting room at the hospital was packed and I was in a wheelchair so awkwardly just in the corridor... vomiting every 2-3 minutes and knowing i was putting everyone else off. I was so embarrassed i started cryjng and my SO asked a nurse if there was somewhere private for us to wait, so we got put into a room and i could vomit to my hearts content. By the time my appointment came around I had vomited everything out, i was so dry, even bile was all gone, so i was just retching. The specialist told me she wants to try steroids, but i was hesitant as I dont want to experience the nausea and vomiting that can come from withdrawal and they only put you on for a 2 week course. So she agreed that I would go on with the meds i am on for 3 weeks longer and if its still the same i will then go on steroids. By time we got home we had been out for 3 hours and had thought we would be back in time for my afternoon medicine so i was late taking it, and just spent the rest of the evening projectile vomiting once i had eaten and drank something again. Then yesterday I still wasn't settled so spent most of the day just looking at the inside of my bucket. So I've had 3 days where I haven't really coped, but will have a few quiet days to recover now. How is everyone else now? We have started thinking about buying things for when the baby comes, but it's really hard not being able to see anything in the shop so I'm not sure what I want.
You poor love! I feel sooo sorry for you xxx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Joeypops
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 150


Sep 1st, 2017, 22:33 PM   #366
 
I don't even know what to say Skyeway, you poor thing! I've been feeling sorry for myself as I'm still being sick and it's getting worse but I'm not nearly as bad as you. I don't know how you can be coping! I really hope things improve for you asap. Glad to hear all is well with the baby though, that's great news!
 
 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
GF91
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,043


Sep 2nd, 2017, 07:34 AM   #367
 
That was a really one line reply of my behalf, sorry! Was just jumping in the shower- but wanted to reply and give you some support! I was quite sick first time round with DD but nothing like your experiencing, it sounds awful!

Hope everyone's ok, I'm still lurking around. Not on Facebook so can't join you there. Expect a few of us are over in tri 3 now! That's so exciting! Hope everyone's ok xxx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
JoeyClare
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,028


Sep 2nd, 2017, 19:16 PM   #368
 
I'm on FB, but still trying to come in here to keep up to date with everyone.
Glad baby is ok Skyeway. Your experience out sounds awful though. I really hope your meds help settle down the vomiting.i don't know how you cope. On the few days I've had sickness I've felt awful, so do deal with it all the time is horrendous.

I've just come back from a wedding and me and hubby stayed overnight at the hotel. The bed seemed so hard and uncomfortable. By 4am I still hadn't slept and my baby hurt so much I was in tears. I decided not to wake hubby as he was going to be doing a long drive home in the morning. Eventually got to slowly when I built myself a giant pillow and cushion fort to lie on, but I'm so tired. I felt sick from lack of sleep in the journey home, but I can't sleep in the car.

I'm back to work Monday after 6 weeks off. Dreading it as I already feel worn out and my hips are sore when I walk.
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
GF91
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,043


Sep 2nd, 2017, 21:18 PM   #369
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyClare View Post
I'm on FB, but still trying to come in here to keep up to date with everyone.
Glad baby is ok Skyeway. Your experience out sounds awful though. I really hope your meds help settle down the vomiting.i don't know how you cope. On the few days I've had sickness I've felt awful, so do deal with it all the time is horrendous.

I've just come back from a wedding and me and hubby stayed overnight at the hotel. The bed seemed so hard and uncomfortable. By 4am I still hadn't slept and my baby hurt so much I was in tears. I decided not to wake hubby as he was going to be doing a long drive home in the morning. Eventually got to slowly when I built myself a giant pillow and cushion fort to lie on, but I'm so tired. I felt sick from lack of sleep in the journey home, but I can't sleep in the car.

I'm back to work Monday after 6 weeks off. Dreading it as I already feel worn out and my hips are sore when I walk.
I really should make more of an effort to update on here- check in daily but just don't write anymore!
Oh Hun, that sounds terrible, are you back in your own bed tonight? Hopefully that will sort you right out!
I bought a 12ft U shaped pillow which I can't sleep without! Jay kept trying to steal it & he'd sit on it and make it all lumpy so I bought him his own one! You should see our bed, we literally don't touch each other- just pillows! So romantic... we're away for a part next week so think I'm deffo going to take my pillow!
So after thinking we where having a boy- we're having a little girl! Jays absolutely over the moon, I was shocked but didn't have a preference so it's all ok! Really bummed that I've got an anterior placenta though! So I'm not feeling a lot, the odd kick/punch but only low down. Not feeling any rolls or movement 😫 She's also transverse & due to the position of my placenta she doesn't have much room to turn so I've been advised to try and get her to turn now as the bigger she gets the less likely she will meaning straight out caesarean- my absolute worst fear!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Skyeway
PF Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 94


Sep 3rd, 2017, 12:36 PM   #370
 
Thanks everyone for all your kind words, it really has been very hard. Gf91 i have the big u pillow too! It takes up too much of our bed so sometimes my poor OH has to sleep on the sofa cushions on the floor instead. He did have a blow up mattress but it popped a week or so ago. I've also got anterior placenta... when I found out at 20 weeks I was surprised as I had felt a lot of movement and even seen my tummy move from the kicks, but over the last week I haven't been feeling much at all, and I think baby is head down facing my spine so I'm not able to feel much. Haha as I wrote that I felt the baby move so he or she is proving me wrong! Exciting about having a girl gf91, we want a surprise, but have growth scans coming up, so hopefully don't see anything we don't want to know early! Joey i hope your return to work goes well, and gt yourself a big pillow, theyre the best! Xo
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
JoeyClare
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,028


Sep 3rd, 2017, 17:30 PM   #371
 
My placenta is posterior which was the same as my first pregnancy. I feel like he's trying to boot his way out constantly! The big pillow sounds good. May have to invest. Congrats on girl #2 GF91! How exciting. I went to bed at 9pm last night as I was so shattered and I was very lucky as my 4 year old didn't wake till 9am! 12 hour snooze. Feels good to be back in my own bed. I'm really starting to struggle with indigestion now.
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
GF91
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,043


Sep 3rd, 2017, 18:51 PM   #372
 
Love my big pillow! Skyeway, I know what you mean about space though in bed, especially with 2 giant pillows! We've been sleeping in a double for the last couple of months but finally got round to putting our super king up today! Forgot how big it was! Can't wait til bedtime!

I seriously need an "approach with caution" sign today! Was ok this morning but this afternoon I've got really restless and with being restless I've got really grumpy! This is my first tantrum though this pregnancy so I'd say I'm doing quite well 😂 DH is really annoying me too which doesn't help!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
Celene
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 530


Sep 6th, 2017, 13:11 PM   #373
 
GF try not to worry about a C-section just yet. All 3 of my pregnancies iv had anterior placenta. My last pregnancy my girl was transverse until about 35 weeks when she went head down. Unfortunately we didn't pick up she went posterior position and didn't turn in time for pushing -ouch! That's so uncommon though most turn in time to push. Have you been told exercises to do to get bubs to turn head down early?
 
 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
GF91
PF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 1,043


Sep 6th, 2017, 20:10 PM   #374
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celene View Post
GF try not to worry about a C-section just yet. All 3 of my pregnancies iv had anterior placenta. My last pregnancy my girl was transverse until about 35 weeks when she went head down. Unfortunately we didn't pick up she went posterior position and didn't turn in time for pushing -ouch! That's so uncommon though most turn in time to push. Have you been told exercises to do to get bubs to turn head down early?
I've been following the spinning babies website- but they advised me to do lots of ball bouncing and a praying position off the side of the bed/ball.
I'm feeling movement higher up now so I'm hoping that's a good sign!
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
Reply

babies, december, tri

Thread Tools


Related Threads
Thread Forum
December babies 2016 **last babies of the year** Third Trimester
*** December Due & Over Due Mummys *** - First December baby is HERE! Third Trimester
Happy 1st December to all the December mummy's :) Third Trimester
Babies, babies & more babies!! Pregnancy Chat
December babies Second Trimester
December 2007 Babies Third Trimester
BABIES, BABIES, BABIES! Baby & Toddler
Babies born December 2005 Kids Health
December 2006 Babies Third Trimester
December 2005 Babies Third Trimester