Pregnancy Forum

Pregnancy Forum (http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/)
-   Third Trimester (http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/third-trimester/)
-   -   Delayed shock might send me into labour tonight (http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/third-trimester/106266-delayed-shock-might-send-me-into-labour-tonight.html)

lisa-marie Jan 21st, 2009 20:33 PM

Well I got reversed into this afternoon by a sommerfield home delivery van :(

I was driving home & followed him into a road & he must have realised the house he wanted was on the end & he had driven past so he just started reversing. I was trying to get my car into reverse but couldnt do it quick enough so slammed on my horn but he didnt stop :shock: so hit me.

Cars behind me drove past & nobody stopped I got out & said didnt you hear my horn but he said with the noise of the engine & fridges you cant hear a thing. I felt very low as he just seemed to want to get on with his delivery :evil:

Anyway got home rung DH up in tears & he came home early & rang somerfield & explained what had happened & how im nearly due to give birth & the shock of it all etc The lady on the phone was very understanding & told us what we needed to do so tonight we have visited the local store & filled in an accident form apprarently the driver had also reported it when he got back. So just going to go through insurance not what you really need with baby due & maybe car of road!

I still feel really emotional & I think its the worry that i could have been worse especially being pregnant - it\'s not something i would recommend anyone trying to bring on labour!

emman24 Jan 21st, 2009 20:49 PM

How horrible, can\'t believe he wasnt more upset. Most people would feel awful about hitting a heavily pregnant woman. Hopefully he\'ll get into trouble.. you could put a complaint in about him, if you haven\'t already done that.

I can understand why you are feeling so bad, being hit is bad at the best of times. Hopefully your insurance will sort everything out. We got a courtesy car when ours was off the road & the insurance company was great ,they took care of everything.

On the positive side tho, at least you & the baby didn\'t get hurt. Try to relax & take your mind of the whole thing.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

mum2be? Jan 21st, 2009 20:58 PM

awww hun i hope you ok? Have u been to be checked out? baby moving ect?

Stupid bloody bloke :wall:

*CLAIREBEAR* Jan 21st, 2009 21:11 PM

how scary! :o
hope you and LO are okay :hug:

Mik Jan 21st, 2009 21:16 PM

How scary hun I hope you have been checked out by the mw or docs though please think about doing so if you haven\'t. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

lisa-marie Jan 22nd, 2009 00:17 AM

Thanks everyone :hug:

Have had movement & listened on doppler and bump seems fine. DH has been brilliant ordered pizza & looked after me all night he is just amazing & i cant wait to see him as a dad as I know he has got so much love to give litltle one :cheer:

*CLAIREBEAR* Jan 22nd, 2009 00:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa-marie
Thanks everyone :hug:

Have had movement & listened on doppler and bump seems fine. DH has been brilliant ordered pizza & looked after me all night he is just amazing & i cant wait to see him as a dad as I know he has got so much love to give litltle one :cheer:

im so pleased you are both okay!
good on your OH looking after you! enjoy it and get those feet up! :hug: