Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register to join in. Resend Activation Email  |  Forgotten Password?
 


Reply
 
 
BunnyN
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,536


Do you put fat on your tummy?

Sep 7th, 2012, 21:59 PM   #1
 
I know this sound like a daft question but other than the actual baby bump do you put on weight around your middle? At 7weeks I'm still far too early to be showing an actual baby bump but I'm sure my tummy is fatter the last couple of days. It''s not bloating (which I did get a bit earlier on) and I've actually lost weight so it's not just from eating more. I'm thinking that maybe it's normal for the tummy to start storing fat to get ready for the baby? I feel a bit silly asking but it's my first so it's all new to me
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
TiffanyJaynexo
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Llangollen
Posts: 3,892


Sep 7th, 2012, 22:58 PM   #2
 
You'll definitely start to notice some 'blub' around your belly, I have already and I did with my first pregnancy too.

I think it's also a mix of your organs shifting up making room for your uterus, and yep your body will start storing fat straight away for baby.

I find this link really interesting too: http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here...y/interactive/

xxx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
SunnySue
PF Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,118


Sep 8th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #3
 
You've got the bloating that comes before the bump. It's common ealry on for ladies to be more blaoted than usual but dont worry over the next few weeks you should see the bloat turn into a beautiful bump
 
 
Status: Online
 
 
 
blondy13
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Derby
Posts: 2,588


Sep 8th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #4
 
I've definitely put on fat around my tummy already, and because I'm slim it makes me look like I have a mini bump already!!
 
 

 
Status: Online
 
 
 
BunnyN
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,536


Sep 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #5
 
TiffanyJaynexo- That video is really interesting thanks, it's quite amazing what out bodies do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySue View Post
You've got the bloating that comes before the bump. It's common ealry on for ladies to be more blaoted than usual but dont worry over the next few weeks you should see the bloat turn into a beautiful bump
I had bloating as in a lot of trapped gas towards the beginning but that has gotten better now this is actual belly fat.

I know lots of women say they put on weight from eating a lot during the beginning of pregnancy but the funny thing is I am actually loosing weight but getting a fatter tummy. I guess it is the body redistributing it's fat reserves and the insides starting to move to make space. I don't really mind, it's not like I had a flat tummy to start with lol, at least now I have an excuse.
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
TiffanyJaynexo
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Llangollen
Posts: 3,892


Sep 8th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #6
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyN View Post
TiffanyJaynexo- That video is really interesting thanks, it's quite amazing what out bodies do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySue View Post
You've got the bloating that comes before the bump. It's common ealry on for ladies to be more blaoted than usual but dont worry over the next few weeks you should see the bloat turn into a beautiful bump
I had bloating as in a lot of trapped gas towards the beginning but that has gotten better now this is actual belly fat.

I know lots of women say they put on weight from eating a lot during the beginning of pregnancy but the funny thing is I am actually loosing weight but getting a fatter tummy. I guess it is the body redistributing it's fat reserves and the insides starting to move to make space. I don't really mind, it's not like I had a flat tummy to start with lol, at least now I have an excuse.
You're welcome.
And yeah that's the best part about having a belly in pregnancy, you have the perfect excuse! When I wasn't pregnant I'd sometimes look down and think "oh gosh, suck it in!", but now I have the best excuse every for 'bloat' xxx
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
dragonlady
PF Savvy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 796


Sep 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #7
 
i normally have a podgy belly but the past few days i have noticed im losing it. the sides of the belly r trimming down and the middle bit around the belly button is a bit firmer and toned. also im losing weight on my face which i love but im worried this is not normal. i lost a bit of weight a couple of weeks ago but im now leveled out again and not putting any on im staying the same. its strange how pregnancy effects every one differently. i have also noticed the skin over the pubic bone is getting chubby and my little muffin top lol is going away. roll on the bump
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
 
BunnyN
PF Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,536


Sep 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #8
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlady View Post
i normally have a podgy belly but the past few days i have noticed im losing it. the sides of the belly r trimming down and the middle bit around the belly button is a bit firmer and toned. also im losing weight on my face which i love but im worried this is not normal. i lost a bit of weight a couple of weeks ago but im now leveled out again and not putting any on im staying the same. its strange how pregnancy effects every one differently. i have also noticed the skin over the pubic bone is getting chubby and my little muffin top lol is going away. roll on the bump
I was still loosing tummy at 6 weeks but in the last three or four days I got it back plus more even though the scales tell me I am still loosing. I was loosing weight (slowly) before I got pregnant and have decided to keep it up in the 1st tri because I was concerned about having too much weight to carry around with being overweight already and pregnant. The doc said it was fine as long as eat healthy and I don't starve myself or anything.
 
 

 
Status: Offline
 
 
Reply

fat, tummy

Thread Tools


Related Threads
Thread Forum
Tender tummy after a tummy scan First Trimester
Tummy bug :( help anyone? :( Baby & Toddler
tummy bug :( Pregnancy Chat
Tummy Second Trimester
Tummy Tub Discounts, Deals & Freebies
Tummy is now so big i cant see......... Second Trimester
Looks at my tummy.....is it odd? Second Trimester
bad tummy?? Kids Health
Tummy bug Third Trimester
MY TUMMY!! Second Trimester